Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Afternoon Delight

A little afternoon delight...
That song always plays in my head and when I thought to blog, it came to my mind. Mixed signals, more than likely but it was just a perfect afternoon. 
Just a little bit of hiking and that is just what the 3 of us needed!

This is my daughter 100%.
Isn't she just super cute? 
The only thing you can argue that isn't mine in this picture is her skin tone...maybe if you combine all my freckles, we could be the same color. She is my cocoa goddess!!
She was all ready to go on the hike at this point.

 
We didn't even plant this here but we were hiking and she had her stick just like Uncle Nick and she would dig around in the dirt. When she came upon a Goldabloom! For those who have no clue what that is, it is a pirate's gold coin. She was so excited and we were too!



I think we stopped every 10 feet or so and the hike was around 4 miles or so. 
I do have to admit, I love it! I love the excitement on her face when she finds something new and exciting. She is so aware of everything and loves to learn, which makes these trips a BLAST!!


I believe I was teaching her how to whistle. 
More spit comes out than anything!


Daddy is just awesome! Her favorite place is to sit on his shoulders.


Say cheese!


We finally made it to the top and we had a little picnic at sunset, which was amazing!!


It is so interesting how different a Hawaiian sunset and Arizona sunset can be but at the same time, they are both so beautiful!




I love getting to spend time exploring the new surroundings, especially with my little family and friends! Thanks Nick and Rebecca for tagging along!!

No comments:

Post a Comment