Thursday, December 13, 2012

A Few Crafts

I had some time on my hands when I was sick. I hate being sick but even worse I hate sitting still and relaxing. I can't even sit through a movie without doing something else too. I usually take that time to write my recipes on their own cards. Slowly but surely one day I will have them all done. 
Anyway, I decided to post a few things I had been working on. 
I went with a friend to a craft party one weekend and they were making some wreaths. They had taken burlap and made them into roses and glued them on. A little plain for me and well I like to add my own touch to things and make it mine.  Take a coupon to Hobby Lobby and get this wreath for about $6, burlap, paint, wooden scrap piece and a glue gun. 
I cut out the desired circle size I wanted, painted the burlap the color I wanted, then cut the circles into a spiral. I then rolled and glued each circle up and Ta-DA....a rose!
I painted welcome, I was going to put Taylor but I am scared here.  I do not want anybody knowing my name by my front door. Being on the mainland creeps me WAY out! Then I started gluing the roses on and finally my welcome sign. I love it. Simple, cheap and fun!


A close up of the roses and sign. 


I think my dining room is my favorite room in my house. 
Not only because I love cooking and it is where my family gathers to eat, laugh and talk but because it is beautiful (to me at least). 
Our table needed some love, it is beautiful but it just needed something else. A table runner would be perfect I decided. So I came up with an awesome design and called my mom to tell her, she told me it would work, might have tweaked it a little bit and I went at it. 


I love the gathered look, simple sides and a little something to draw your eyes to the middle. 


Gray and white...perfect!


My dining room left side. 



My dining room.
Oh how I love you. 


Miah designed the center piece. I love it. A teal glass long bowl thingy and he added shells and candles. Perfect for our beachy themed house. What I love about the glass thing, it has ripples and it really looks the ocean waves. Crazy we found it!

I needed a blanket. It gets cold here and when it drops below 70 degrees, I FREEZE! Bells isn't really liking Arizona weather either. She actually cried the other morning because we had to go  to the grocery store and it was about 45 degrees outside. She wouldn't go out and told me she would just stay here on the lovesac. Obviously I took her, she cried, we drank lots of cocoa at the store and she told me over and over, she doesn't like Arizona and she wants to move back to Hawaii. Not someday but now. 

I made a blanket to match the house. More ocean theme. I love the free range quilting. Lines to just go here and there. It really added some funk. I binded it with some cool white fabric that had swirls, like waves too. Of course I had to add a triangle that I had embroidered with the 3 of Us. 


A close up....Can you see the swirls?


I really enjoyed these projects. I thank my mom for this. She gave me the genes to be able to do this.
I have a special surprise on my next post!!
No hints either.....

No comments:

Post a Comment