Thursday, November 22, 2012

What Is Love?





Love  (luhv)  noun
-a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person
-a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for parent, child or friend
-a person who love is felt, beloved person; sweetheart


I am sure we all have felt it in some way or sort, right? But do we know what it really is? Or do we have an idea or an example of it? 


Right now? I can say I LOVE these Nike shoes. 
What is not to love?
(Santa, you hear that?)


I LOVE these two people that complete me. 
They are my world. 




Both of those answers are good, at least for me. 
I guess I was never told exactly what love is but instead I was SHOWED what love is. 
That is even better I believe. 
I had the best example right in my house growing up and to this day, they still remain that part, especially to my husband and I. 

Happy Anniversary to the most amazing parents I know.
Rich and Lori Edwards,
36 years and counting. 




It might seem weird that I picked a picture of the Flintstones. They are old as molasses and well even though my parents are getting there, hehehe, that isn't the reason. I chose this because of how amazing and a complete gentleman my father is. You can tell he was also raised in an amazing household. He is the guy they call old fashion. They have THAT relationship. You know the couple you see in town and you can't help but see how cute and want to be just like them. 
That couple is my parents. 
He opens doors, 
gives flowers for no apparent reason,
 cooks FANTASTIC dinners for my mom, 
pays the bill,
 holds her hand just because,
would do anything for her and
loves her unconditionally. 

You just can't find those kind of guys that often, especially these days. 
My Mom is one lucky lady!

I can not begin to explain how great my parents are. Each individually is an amazing person but together, I believe they are unstoppable! 

My mom, is the strongest person I know. Yet, one of the most loving and unselfish people I know. 
She is there for you, no matter what. 
She is the glue to our family. 
How does she do it? 
I only wish I can be like her someday. 

It would take me forever to explain everything they are to my family. How they have helped us to be better people, parents and spouses each day. 
I hope they know how much they mean to me. 
I could not ask for better role models for marriage then you two. 
I love you guys!

Thank you for showing me what the real definition of love is. 
( although I still LOVE those Nike shoes)

Congratulations 36 years....
You guys really are amazing!







No comments:

Post a Comment