Sunday, March 4, 2012

Rainbow Cookies Please!!

Bells has developed the love of cooking and baking as her Mommy and Daddy did. She loves helping in the kitchen...A LOT!! Not just the normal kid, putting a scoop of flour, getting bored, then coming back when the cookies are finished to eat them. She does the whole thing. She even locks the kitchen aid when we turn it on. I love this so much and take this opportunity to teach her so many things, more so counting and what ingredients are. I guess I could start with the intense stuff, who knows she could be Julia Child by 5 years old or maybe Paula Deen, she does like butter. Anyway, I have been pretty sick this week with kidney stuff but before I got sick, I promised her I would make Rainbow Cookies with Sprinkles with her. Poor girl, she is so patient. Finally I felt okay on Saturday and we made them, the three of us. We had so much fun too! Then she always has to make bags and deliver to her friends. She is so sweet!!


She is one happy little girl.

It is actually pretty fun and easy. Here is a quick break down. I used my Vanilla-Almond Sugar Cookie recipe (it is my favorite sugar cookie recipe). Split the dough into 5 parts, dye each a color. Roll the colors into small grape size balls, put in a group of the five colors. Roll together, to where it will look like a beach ball. Then roll into a 12 inch rope, simply roll up and roll in sprinkles. Then bake and make people of all ages happy!!
Let me know if you need any help or the recipe!! Now go to your kitchen and start baking!

2 comments:

  1. Okay, that making does not sound that easy missy! But they look super fun! Maybe I'll try it with the kids here. I made delicious fruit pizza today! I can't wait to eat it later. Yummo! sorry your kidneys are acting up. I hope you get recovered soon. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously, they were deicious!!! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete