Friday, March 30, 2012

Bathroom Re-Do

Ooooo Fancy!!
We were sick of our colors in the house and so we decided to switch things up a bit.
The first room that is finished, the bathroom. I love how it turned out, there is only so much you can do with TVA Apartments.

We got a plain white shower curtain and some FREE paint (Ace was giving quarts away Saturday, we walked away with 4). We decided on grey stripes. Measured, taped and then painted. I was surprised with how well it turned out.



Have I mentioned how I love decorating the cheap way. Garage sales, side of the road treasures, freebie bin, etc. A few weekends ago, I asked Miah if he could build me a shelf for the bathroom. He designed something on paper. While driving, I saw this on the side of the road. I told him to pull over. I walked up to the house and they were cleaning out their garage. I asked if they were selling the stuff at the end of the driveway...NOPE. Take what you want!! This awesome medicine cabinet and jumper cables. Miah was happy, he didn't have to build me anything.
Free cabinet + Free paint = Awesomeness!!



Inside my lovely cabinet....of course my DoTerra Oils and Vitamins. Have you heard of them, tried them? If not, you need to. I love them and will continue to use them for as long as I live. My doctor here gave up on my kidney and autoimmune disease...I didn't. I turned to DoTerra.
Try it!


I made this awhile ago. I picked this 1920's Print Press Tray Beauty up on Ebay. I turned it into my beach collection display. I love how it turned out. It hangs on the wall across from the toilet. Something lovely to look at while doing your duty. I will take this with me where ever we move to. I will someday change it to the seasons or holidays. I love it, such endless designs.
My mom wants one so bad. Sorry Mom, I love this one too much. I will get you one when we move off the Island. I promise. The hours we will spend decorating them together.
I'm excited!!


I found these shower curtain rings at a garage sale, one set 50 cents!! Told ya I was cheap that way. Well they were funky 70's colors. I painted them too, with the free paint and some white I had lying around. Then smacked a few clear coats....BOOM!!


A closer look. I love how they bring the colors all in.


Our bathroom is finished. Bells walked in and said she loved it, the paint was pretty. The rest of the house is on its way. I'll post the rooms as they get finished. But for now, I am going to go sit in my bathroom and enjoy the wonderful new view!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment