Friday, March 9, 2012

Are we in Alaska?

I feel like we have been carried away in our sleep to Alaska and that is not cool!! Do not get me wrong, Alaska is beautiful but its cold, dark and windy. I like to be warm and dry...hence why we moved to Hawaii.
We have encountered a storm, one of the worst Hawaii has seen. There has been hail, huge thunder and lightening storms and LOTS of rain. Here are a few snap shots of what has been happening.

Pour guy crossing the "street".

A little look into the community.

A look at the school's computer lab. Yet they are still holding classes!! They will cancel school cause of a surf day or close up early because its Friday and they can but this...NO WAY!!

People attempting to head to class.

The entrance to our school, seriously?!

One of the fields or did they just put in a man made lake...you choose!

Another picture of somewhere in the school.
I was lucky enough to get out for a run this morning. Miah wouldn't let me at first but there was a break in the rain and I went ahead and got out. It was crazy, the community has it a lot worse than we do on campus. The ocean is so brown because of the rain. I want our clear / blue ocean back. I forgot what it was like to feel warm and sun tan at the beach. It not only has been rainy but COLD. I dressed in long sleeves, pants and socks, eating soup yesterday, contemplating on turning the oven on just to heat the house.
Hawaii we want the sunshine back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment