Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Something On My Mind Lately

Even though people overcome obstacles, they still have their bad days. Luckily I was raised by amazing parents and THAT is even an under statement. My parents are some of the best people I know. Something they taught me is-

Strength is Something You Choose

Every once in awhile things are brought up that remind me of not having any more children. It is something that I accepted years ago...over 3 years ago. But it still can hurt. It isn't the people all around me having more babies ALL the time, it isn't seeing Ellah's friend's playing with their siblings, it isn't seeing Jeremiah holding a baby boy or holding a baby in my own arms. I was told before I had my baby 3 years ago that having another baby would be very hard on my body and extremely risky and that I was lucky to even have come this far. It was something I had to overcome and I did, especially after knowing that my little baby was a HUGE miracle. I believe what hurts the most is the people who judge and who are ignorant. I have heard so many comments and people who all they want to do is hug me and say sorry (weird by the way). It seems like lately there have been lots of comments or situations that deal with this. So of course this has been on my mind and hopefully I can bring some light to people.
Do not judge people for any reason at all. I have a friend who had been married for a few years and hadn't had a child yet, people talked about it. They have no clue they had been trying for 2 years, they just gossiped. It broke her heart.
People say things to me all the time like "Well you have no idea what its like to have more than one child" or "Well imagine if you had another child, you would understand" or " You wouldn't look like that if you had another child - you only look like that because you have had one child". The best is when people push adoption on us and get upset when we say it is not right for us. They do not know my health issues.

I do have my bad days but I am seriously blessed to be around so many other children. Serving in the Primary has been an answer to my prayers. I love children so much. I also have great support and they have helped me really see things for how they are. I will be the first to say how jealous I am of those enjoying multiple babies but in a good way. I love hearing that people are pregnant, I almost always cry because I know how incredibly special and lucky they truly are. Do not hide those things, it is fun to be apart of the good news. But some people have a hard time and comments can really hurt them. The small comments, those too can stab a knife in their chest. Please, please be kind, think about what you are going to say. But most importantly do not judge people because you have no idea what their situation is.

I love my small little family.
I love my life.
I am blessed more than I can say.
I have chose to be STRONG

1 comment:

  1. I love this post Michelle. I hope people who need to hear it read it and understand it. I love you guys, especially that sweet miracle toddler you have there! I'll never forget the day you told me she was coming to this earth! Was that the same day we went to the pool and you were being real tricky jumping off the diving board?! Haha, good times. Miss you guys a lot! Loves!!

    ReplyDelete