Monday, July 22, 2013

My Sewing Desk

As you all know Miah is talented, I am bragging I know but he really is. I grew up with a talented Dad too, so I thought the just came that way. I had a friend tell me the other day, her husband doesn't know how to use a power tool, what? Maybe my Pops and husband are just that special. 
Well our new home has a room for the office and a sewing room! I am way excited. 
I had one problem, storage space. So what did I do? I talked with Miah. So we found some plans and he tweaked them.  He came up with this desk and I came up with the top. I love it. I really really really love it. 

This is the view from the front. Lots of cubbies for my "crap" as Miah calls it. 


The side has cubbies too. They are perfect size for my fabric stash. 


I love the top. I didn't want just some piece of wood. I wanted a design, one that I can call mine. So here is what I did. 
I went and picked out a stencil. I grabbed some white paint too. I placed the stencil on and rolled the paint on. I let it dry and I wanted a darker stain so after I let it dry, I stained it. Then my heart skipped a beat. It was better than I had envisioned. I added a clear coat to make sure it was smooth as butter so my fabric doesn't catch. The swirls remind me of the ocean but then what doesn't?


I added all of my crap and grabbed my husband and gave him the biggest kiss ever.
There is a rule. I have to keep my stuff on my side, he office is the other side of the room. 


Thanks Miah. 
What would I do without you?
I'd have to find somebody else to make me a desk....

No comments:

Post a Comment