Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Morning With The Peacocks

We love The Sahuaro Ranch Park! 
If you haven't been please check it out. 
Lots of fun historical buildings, tractors and farm stuff. 
Beautiful flowers, corn fields and best of all....
PEACOCKS!

We left the house around 7am because we wanted to be the first there and well it just gets so stinking hot fast! Being the first people at the park means, picking up the peacock feathers. These guys are pretty tame and love to eat goldfish, bread, animal crackers and probably anything else. 

The first ones we found were pretty funny. They came right up to us and were begging for food. They would surround me, apparently they were ganging up on me or trying to at least. I swear I just missed a poke in the rear end because I wasn't feeding them fast enough. 


They will just eat right out of your hand.


Bells is a tough cookie. She went right on ahead and fed them too. 


Have you ever heard the call of a peacock? It sounds scary, like a baby crying. Those cries echoed through the park. Way up in the trees, under the cars and even in the corners. 

This guy was giving Miah a tough time.



I love their colors. It also reminds me of Hawaii. Bells and I would run along a huge field that peacocks lived in. We would sometimes bring bread and feed those too. Once we scared a male and he walked right in front of us and spread out his tail for us. Seriously, 5 ft in front of the stroller. I wish I could of captured Bells' face on camera when she saw that. 


This guy wanted a photo session all to himself. 
I'd say he has a pretty good end of the runway pose. 
What do you think?


These peacocks seem to have the most brilliant colors I have ever seen. The pictures really don't do justice. 


The females are more friendly or should I say hungrier? The males will set back a bit and watch you and slowly come up to you. 


This guy begged for a close up but mentioned his right side is his best. 


Just look at the colors of the tails. You really have to go visit! But don't forget to invite us along too!


Bells throwing up the Shaka next to the fence.


I love this picture. She had picked up a few feathers and sat down on the steps just waving them in front of her face. Telling me how beautiful they were. 


Now this guy was getting a little jealous and wanted some attention too. 
Not really, it was getting hot and he was taking a break in the "shade". 
But goodness, he sure is a handsome guy!



This park is also a great place for family pictures. Lots of green grass, yes we have that here in the dessert. The buildings are so amazing and the kids will never get bored. 

That was our morning and we loved it with just the 3 of Us and the peacocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment