Monday, August 26, 2013

Arizona Natural History Museum

We checked out a Culture Pass at the Library that allowed us to go to the museum for free. 
I had found out it had lots of dinosaurs and I knew Bells would love it. 
With this being the last weekend before Miah heads off to school, we headed towards Jurassic Park. 
Bells invited some friends of ours, Auntie Dee and Uncle Ron.

I honestly do not remember the dinosaurs names. I would say oh look a triceratops, nope, I would be completely off. I am sorry for the lack of education in this post but just be patient and understanding. 

She was very surprised that dinosaurs were so small when they hatched. 


Can you imagine if these were still alive flying around today? 
I don't think I would be doing a lot of intentional running, maybe forced.


Although the majority of the museum was dinosaurs they had some really interesting rooms full of old things. Her first words to me were, "Look, that is where Superman goes to change." She was very surprised that in fact it was a phone. 


But where are the buttons? Loving the round spinner dial thingy for sure!


Maybe I will see Superman if we stay here for awhile. 
The concept of a phone booth doesn't sink in. 
It is just made for Superman.


There was a sort of green screen thing. It would put the person on an old western movie and show it on a big screen. Bells and Uncle Ron had a blast playing around. 


An old Jail cell was a pretty fun place to lock daddy in!


Bells and Daddy


It is just like Jurassic Park Mommy!


We were even able to pan for gold outside in a stream. I believe Miah had more fun than Bells. One little boy was so excited and kept exclaiming he was going to be RICH! 


This girl and her bag of gold she found. 
She is so silly!


Still an Island Girl at Heart!


I honestly wish I could say this was a triceratops for sure but I don't think it was. 
It almost looks like a big dog. 
A REALLY BIG DOG!


Then you come to this cute one. But I'm sure it was a little monster. 
The dinosaur not Bells. 
Or both really...


Her favorite dinosaur of all.
Ladies and Gents...
Tyrannosaurus Rex!
The scary thing is, this was a juvenile. 


Little Foot!!


Just another Dino and me.


Small but fierce! 


The scariest dino of all...
Velociraptor.  


The 3 of Us


The area outside had many statues and I really liked the humpty dumpty one. 



It turned out to be a fantastic trip! Bells absolutely loved it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment