Sunday, September 8, 2013

Just What the Doctor Ordered!

We needed some family, friends and of course BOWLING time. 
I will not even get into how hard it is to find a bowling alley around here. 
I will give you two words and if you know anything about bowling, you will understand why...
1. Retirement Community
2. Friday Night

We did find an alley though. 
We had so much fun too. It was definitely needed. I am so lucky my parents brought my down my bowling balls and shoes. I never had to pay for bowling growing up, not because I was a kid and parents usually pay for things but because my family practically lived at the bowling alley. 
I'm not sure if bowling has always been this expensive or if the prices has gone up.
But yikes, the cost of the lanes and shoes are crazy!

Miah and I are both very competitive and he knew I bowled growing up but he thought he was good. 
In his world, he was good. In a bowlers world, my family's world.....
he wasn't and isn't. Hahaha
When we first went bowling when we got married, he was so confident he was going to kick my trash. He is still sore from that day over 6 years ago. I kicked his butt so bad and since this day, I haven't let down. It is the one sport I have over him, besides any running distance over 3 miles. 

I will give it to him, his form is pretty good. 
He will ask me a few tips or asks me what my dad would do. 
I guess it is his way of "not" asking me. 


Bells fits right in to the family.


I had to laugh at the picture. Right after it was taken, he helped push the bowling ball but accidentally pushed Bells into the lane too. He grabbed anything he could to save her, which was right in the crack. Picking her straight up from the lane upside down. A very funny moment! Everybody all around was laughing. 


Mike trying hard for that back spin!


I did this all the time growing up. I really believe by moving my body the ball will move too.
Bells was impressed, mission accomplished.



Trista taking it really slow and easy. 


A few of our natural reactions after picking up a spare. 


It might be time to start her in Y.A.B.A


Trista rocked it all night long!


Bells picked up the spare and was so excited!


Thank you Pops for the great form!


Mike oh Mike


Dee was not too impressed that the pins didn't fall too easily. 


Ron trying to work his magic. 


Ron comforting Dee after just a few gutter balls. 
Dee has the best spirit though!


"Dee my dear, that is how it's done."


What a great night. It was just what the doctor ordered. 
Great friends, 
family, 
and memories!


No comments:

Post a Comment