Monday, April 23, 2012

KitchenAid Bliss

I have a problem...
I am my mother's child....
That is not my problem.
My problem is I always look for something to create, craft and decorate. I never and when I say never, I mean NEVER sit still. My mother is the most talented, artistic, crafty and amazing person I know. I am not even close to her ability but I am glad I take after her. My lovely KitchenAid, Miah got me because we moved here and I left mine in Alaska and I burned the motor on the hand mixer. I needed a KitchenAid. He surprised me and what a lovely surprise it was. That is where my problem came knocking. It was plane white (sorry no before pictures). It was screaming for excitement. We had decorated our house with red, black and white. Plus a little Hawaiian Sass. I had red and black contact paper. I went to work drawing all the flowers, cutting them out and strategically placed each flower on. I loved it. 
What do you think? 


Ohhhh how fancy?


Definitely a Hawaiian KitchenAid!


We wanted to change our house decorations. As you have seen previously, we went with grey, teal and a sea green color. Therefore I had to change the KitchenAid.
Yep, mother's daughter syndrome came knocking once again. 
I peeled each flower off, cleaned it, sanded it down. Spray painted it grey, painted the stripes. My wonderful husband drew the stencil on contact paper, cut it out, placed it on the KitchenAid, then painted it and peeled it off. I love it. Who wouldn't? 


It is a lot simpler then the Hawaiian, which I like. 


Matches our house perfectly. 


Now it is your turn. Get out there, grab your KitchenAid, grab some paint and start going at it. The possibilities are endless. You don't even have to paint your KitchenAid, just paint something. I love to paint, it is almost therapeutic. 
Happy Monday!!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you SOOO would do that, and yes just like your mom! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaay too cool - love your mixer! I have this linked to my appliances project post too today, well done!

    ReplyDelete