Tuesday, September 25, 2012

It Is Pouring

It isn't the kind of sand we like but it will have to do. 


We have found a park called Rio Vista. It pretty much has everything. Baseball fields, sand volleyball court, small kids playground, big kids playground, rocket ship, splash pad, lake to fish at, TONS of BBQ grills, amazing bike / running path...
I actually spent all afternoon here yesterday, seriously 1pm- 4:40 pm. Not really what I wanted but that is what life throws at ya and it was fun. 

This was our first trip here, we didn't know what to expect, therefore we left swimming suits at home. 
Eh, not like Bells like to wear them anyway. 


But really as seen below, the other kiddos did too. She fit right in! She never has a problem playing with other kids, especially boys. 


Let me tell you how sorry I am for not updating in awhile. But we have been through HELL and back. I am not evening going to sugar coat anything. I dislike that when people do that. For instance, pregnancy, the woman who tell you it is the best thing on this earth and you feel wonderful. Can I take them out back for a minute? 

Let's begin shall we? 

We moved just one day before Miah began school. We got a car, he took it, it is his baby. I was left alone all day, with all the packing, no car, I do not know anybody and it was 118 degrees outside. Did I mention, we had no means of transportation except out feet? How do you make a 3 year old walk in that heat? Miah would be gone ALL day EVERY day. 
I really thought this transition would be easy. I mean I moved to an Island with nothing, I could do this. 
For some reason it just hit me hard. I had no friends, no bikes to ride, no glue stick to glue leaves to a paper and make leaf animals with Bells, my husband was too busy to do anything. I wanted a home, not any empty building with walls. It was the hardest thing I have ever been through and I have been through some pretty good trials. 
Then it started to rain. 
Odd things started going wrong, it was small at first and then it started to hail, as in our car broke down, yep at this time it is still in the shop, it is going on almost 2 weeks. I was the one dealing with those issues. I was on the phone all day, multiple days. Then we had health insurance problems. That was a nightmare. I again was on the phone all day, every day. My poor baby girl was so patient through this all. But my heart ached because I wanted to be a better Mother and take her places and not be so impatient because dealing with all of this. While all of this, I was also dealing with some health issues...which is normal but at this time it was just more annoying. 
I believe I would break down every two days. By that I mean a full on crying session. I am thankful for my sister, who would listen to me vent.  My parents were there too for me. There are a few more things that I am not even going to mention that helped the storm out. 
Miah soon realized, I needed a bike and trailer. Amazing craigslist deal....
He has been hitching rides here and there to get to and from school. I decided to ride my bike with Bells in the trailer to Rio Vista yesterday. We left after lunch, got there around 1pm and on the way there our brand new bike trailer tire went flat. IT WAS DEAD!! I was not surprised, this is what has been going on for a few weeks. I laughed. But it was 100 degrees outside. I text Miah, he felt helpless...he ended up finding a ride to pick us up with the bikes. At almost 5pm we were picked up...luckily I had packed fruit and lots of water. I am patiently waiting for our good luck streak to start. They say it comes in 3, well we are at about 15 and I am sure it has to stop soon. 
Right?

I am getting better, not so lonely anymore. I don't cry as much and we are trying to get in the groove of this dental school life. 

We had a meeting for the spouses a few weeks ago with the husbands attending too. It was nothing too informative. Just trying to prepare us for the hell about to come. How to handle the disappointments because there will be some. To make sure and celebrate everything. To be supportive, SUPER Supportive!!
It was kinda cute at a point, one girl raised her hand and said she does everything at home...cooks, cleans, fluffs his pillow, checks the mail and possibly even wipes his bum, sounded like anyway. She just wants him to be as stress free as possible. Miah and I looked at each other and both said....NEWLYWEDS!!
We are a team, we both do our jobs during the day but when it comes to when he is home, we do things together. We have dance parties at night, we get her ready for bed together, we cook together (if he is home) and we do the dishes together. It is sometimes the only time we have together. We are both extremely tired and if we do this together, we can have a minute of rest together. It is the time we can talk about our day. You can call me a feminist but that stuff just isn't for Moms...
I feel really sorry for people who think that!

My dad gave me great advice and I just love that guy!! 
Our little family of 3 is getting through this and WILL come out of it. 
He has found some awesome guys that he always is around at school and they all get together to study. Their wives ROCK!! They all come over, Bells goes to bed and we leave to let the guys study. I am excited to see what the next 4 years will bring. 
I also found ladies in my ward that run. This is awesome, they run for the same reason I do. Not to loose weight or because they had a piece of cake but because they love it. During the week we don't get to run as much with each other but every Saturday we do an LSD...for those of you who think I am doing drugs, shame on you...it means Long Slow Distance. They showed me the awesome trails that lead everywhere...I just need a Nike GPS Watch, any takers to get me one?

Life is hard and it always will be but I am learning to just embrace it and not stress. Work together with your spouse and forget the things you can't change and just trust in the Lord. He will never let you down. There is always a lesson to come out of these trials. 

With that being said...I do want to get out of this bad luck FAST! So I ask for lots of prayers, please send me a leprechaun, 4 leaf clovers, a big bald guy to rub his belly for good luck or anything else that will bring us luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment